Re: The deed is done.

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 21:10:38 EDT

----------
> From: Rupert Horn <rupert.horn@ucop.edu>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: The deed is done.
> Date: Sunday, October 12, 1997 4:20 PM
>
> Ordered my truck yesterday, '98 SLT plus w/V8, 5-speed, and creature
comforts.
> W/tax & license $23000.07. 8.25% sales tax hurts.
> Told 8 -> 12 weeks for delivery.
>
> First order of business after delivery, remove the rear seat(s), &
install
> bed liner (any suggestions). Have yet to decide on to shell, or not to
shell.

Rupert - Go with a sprayed-in bed liner. Just be aware, though, that they
are of widely varying quality. According to a previous message, price is
negotiable. Check out a few customers' trucks before paying the bucks.
Drop-in bedliners frequently cause rust, if you don't maintain the area
underneath. There are rubber liners that you can put under them to
eliminate bed scratches, if you want to go that way. Check auto parts
supply houses for them.