Re: Nerf Bars

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 17:27:25 EDT

         Don't know where you are,but you might want to rethink this thru--
first off is this for Show and GO because the alumminum can be scratched
even with a fingernail, let alone anything harder--such as a kicked up rock
(passing DAK with a V-8). try this method- get the best PAINTED nerf bar
you like and have it POWDERED COATED in the color you want--they can do it
in hundreds of colors-and it's a HELL of a lot cheaper then those chromed
or those weak metal ones. unless aluminum is your preference.

----------
> From: kmiller <kmiller@cvn.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Nerf Bars
> Date: Monday, October 13, 1997 12:49 PM
>
> Get the black one's and have someone paint them silver or whatever color
> you want them to be.
>
> ----------
> > From: Bruce Aaron Hefner <gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu>
> > To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> > Subject: Re: DML: Nerf Bars
> > Date: Monday, October 13, 1997 9:50 AM
> >

> > > Group,
> > > Has anyone seen anywhere an add for Aluminum tube nerf bars,
preferably
> > > with a step, similar to those offered by Mopar but less than the
> $450.00
> > > that Mopar wants for them. I've been looking around and can only find
> > > chrome (afraid of rust) ad black (don't like black). I will not be
> using
> > > the truck for any really serious off roading, just like the step up
for
> > > washing and the looks. I checked out this months Peterson's 4
Wheeling