RE: radiator problems on '93 club cab

From: Randy E. Bowman (r.bowman@cvce.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 12:16:31 EDT

On Sunday, October 12, 1997 10:56 PM, John Lindsay
[SMTP:jlindsay@oharamfg.com] wrote:
> At 11:38 AM 10/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >I recently had to change the radiator on my '93 Dakota Sport club
cab(57K
> >miles).Upon removal, I inspected it closely and found no signs of impact

> >damage but did find stress cracks in several places.My conclusions?Poor
> >quality on the part of the radiator manufactorer.Anyone else had this
> >problem?I own a 1970 Camaro that has never had any problem like this.
>
> A week or so ago, the radiator let loose on my '95 4x4 V-8 club cab. A
> crack on the flange that holds the top plastic tank on. Local repair shop
> (reputable) said it can't be repaired.
>
> They ordered me a new one....... $417. But, it didn't fit. All was fine
> except the connections for the trans cooler. I have the towing package,
with
> the external trans cooler. The connection for the cooler wasn't right, &
> call to his distributer said that's all they list.
>
> Now I'm at the local Dodge dealer's mercy...... $475. (=Gag=)
>
> Anyone have one laying around, or a source for a correct aftermarket
unit?

> Thanx,
>

> Maddog
I got mine for $217, sounds like your getting ripped. I also have the
Trans cooler, just cut off the pipe and put in a piece of rubber hose.
 This is what i did and it is working just fine, I would check around for a
good local radiator shop and check prices, like i said, you are getting
screwed at over $400.00

Randy E. Bowman
Catawba Valley Computer
http://www.cvce.com