Re: RedLine WaterWetter: How does it work?

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 21:53:30 EDT

<<< Michael Clark 10/15 8:46p >>>

>Ok, can someone explain to me how exactly this stuff works. How can it
>reduce the coolant temp by 30 degrees? I mean, wouldn't the thermostat
>close off the flow until things heated back up to the thermostats rating
>(180 or 195 for stock)? Would cooling things off that much cause the
>computer to get upset?

I haven't seen the stuff, but from what I've gathered from other posts it simply transfers heat better than standard antifreeze. Presumably the cylinders are normally hotter than the coolant (which is what the thermostat and compter use to tell engine temperature) This transfers more heat from the cylinders (therefore cooling them down) but like you said, the thermostat keeps the coolant at the same temperature it otherwise would be. Again, like I said, I really haven't seen the stuff so I could be totally off base here.

HTH
  Brett