Re: 14" Mr. Gasket "Daytona" air cleaner?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 09:00:38 EDT

> I don't know about anyone else but my breather hose has a small amount
> of vacum on it.
> Also how would oil get past
> the filter that is plugged into the valve cover

  Makes sense, considering the routing of the PCV system, but I
suspect that at certain times (under deceleration, perhaps?), that
PCV breather hose does discharge into the air filter. I don't
know about the rest of you, but my stock air filter with the HD
prefilter sure has a slight oil residue right in front of that
breather fitting.

  I'm still going to connect it to the FIPK clone and not worry
about it.

  Ron