Re: Re: Motorcycles!?!?!

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 11:42:56 EDT

----------
> From: Geoffrey Hausheer <ghaushe@ichips.intel.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Re: Motorcycles!?!?!
> Date: Wednesday, October 15, 1997 08:21 AM
>
> Who are we to talk about environmentally friendly when we all drive Daks?
> mean all the bikes I've driven (street bikes that is) get 35-50 mpg
whereas I
> see, umm...maybe 13 in my Dak? :)
> ...Waiting for spring so I can get a new bike ::sigh::
> Have fun,
> (anything to get off this auto stick topic) :)
> Geoffrey Hausheer
> Intel Corp.
> Hillsboro OR

        Use to get 54 mpg on my DR350... Now with the different gearing,
I get about 45-50 on average. Who knows what I'll get with the 435 kit
installed.

        Dakota -info:

        With my '91 Dakota, I was riding at a local riding area in San Diego.
I got back to my truck before dark, and when I went to put my tailgate
down,
some idiot had stolen my wooden ramp to put the bike back in the truck!! I
was
by myself, and couldn't lift the bike into the truck (or ride it in!). I
ended up
taking off the tailgate, laying it against the bumper, and pushed the bike
over the D O D G E letters to get the bike in the bed. Tied
the
bike down, the put the tailgate back on. Unfortunately on my '95 I have
middle taillight, and you can't easily take the tailgate off (without
cutting the
wires or making a 'connector) in such 'emergencies'. :P

Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/