Re: Auto vs 5-spd...who said???

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 04:19:43 EDT

<< "But when it comes to acceleration, the automatic can't match the
 manual."

 "...launching us to 60 MPH in 5.3 seconds and through the
 quarter-mile in 13.8 seconds. The best manual Corvette we tested
 could beat both those times by half a second."

 "An automatic Corvette can be raced for a while, but if internal
 temperatures get too high and the driver ignores the pleas on the
 instrument panel, the transmission will enact a low-performance shift
 strategy to protect itself." >>

I really Don't care that Chevy didn't make a decent automatic for the Vet,
Mine works fine for everything I use it for thank you. And anyway who
believes the BS these Mags give ya ? It is based on the advertising dollars
spent in the Mag..

Bill