Re: RE: 98 Dakota's

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 15:47:17 EDT

At 12:43 AM 10/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there that major of a savings if you were to travel to Canada to
>purchase a Truck? I live in Chicago and if it was worth 750+ I would
>drive up there to purchase one.
>
>Dave

Dave:
Apparently (I don't know 100% for sure), there is a little X-border
arrangement such that if a Canadian dealer sells to a US citizen, Chrysler
assesses that Canadian dealer the dollar amount that his US counterpart
(ie. where you take it in for it's service/warranty work) 'should have'
profitted if you had purchased in the US.

Therefore, no Canadian dealer will sell to a US citizen because it will
cost them more money that they made on the sale. I got this information
from the auto broker who supplied my truck.

I did the math for my '97 and it was significantly cheaper to purchase in
Canada.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.