Re: First Repair..

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 13:01:16 EDT

> Maybe you left your interior light on, glove box door open, or your under
> hood light is staying on. I think anything else will chime when you open
> the door.
>

> Rob Agnew
> ragnew@islandnet.com
>
> Victoria, B.C.
> Canada

Well Rob, if either of those things run the battery down, it was already
on it's way to dying to begin with, because I accidently left glove box
open with the little light inside on all weekend on my car, didn't notice
it till Sunday night when I walked by it going to get in truck, car
cranked fine the next morning. But I do know one thing that'll kill a
battery fast is the taillights, I went to work one morning in the rain, it
was still pretty bright so I didn't turn on headlights, only turned on
running lights, when I got to work didn't notice the lights on, because
it's not as obvious as when headlights on (And my lights on chime is dead
), finally remembered they were on at lunch, but by then it was to late,
when I went to leave work it wouldn't even turn over, but gotta jump from
a co-worker and never had another problem because I always double check to
make sure the lights are off before I get out.

Bruce