Re: DML Digest V3 #295 (fwd)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 21:24:54 EDT

<< No. There is no such thing as conservation of acceleration. The rev
 limiter will absolutely limit the rpm, unless it is desieling. The
 tachometer needle could overshoot, but so what. The engines momentum
 can only maintain any given rpm, not increase it. >>

Franky Franky Franky pretty hard for me to believe that a engine winding up
at red line and missing a shift and hitting the rev limiter will stop at that
RPM and not fly by it with momentum. I believe it would not have any power
but would rev way past with the momentum. I may be wrong I was once before (I
thought I was wrong but wasn't) but I need more convincing on your theory.

Bill