Re: Re: New project

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 24 1997 - 21:03:57 EDT

<< Don't pull a Kukooter on us and disappear. I bought a '69 CJ5 back in
 June. You have the longer wheelbase (AMC) Jeep. Mine's a Kaiser jeep with
 a 225 V6 *buick OEM*, you've got the AMC 258 I6 I would imagine. >>

I had a new 68 225 V6 CJ5 with short soft top and a 72 (used) 258 I6 with 4
speed (truck style, low first) full metal top. Tore the transmission and
transfer case out of the 68 along with steering box problems but the 72
wasn't to bad. I had a set of 10.00 X 15 Desert Gawgs on it and they stuck
out past the fenders and when I'd get playing in the swamps it would wing
huge clumps about 20' in the air and they would land on the tin roof like
bombs going off. There wasn't a lot of Mudder type tire around here back then
and the little CJ would go about anywhere in 2WD where the others in 4WD
could not go. They were good little rigs and I'm sure you guys will have a
great time with them.. Good Luck..

Bill