Re: Wider is Better

From: T & J (starwolf@bewellnet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 1997 - 23:16:53 EST

>Out here in Colorado, I've seen big ole trucks with skinny tires and
little-bitty truks that are waiting to grow-up into big trucks, with big
wide tires.What I noticed most during a snowstorm was that the skinny tires
seemed to get around better. The wider tires,although looking macho, seemed
to want to hydro-plane on the snow and not get down to the pavement for the
traction. Of course, if you have snow liked we just experienced- 20" to 40"
in just Colorado Springs alone, the only way to get around was with a much
taller tire. I myself use a studded snow, but our state allows them

   Tim Roller
   starwolf@bewellnet.com