Re: Dealer vs. Aftermarket

From: T & J (starwolf@bewellnet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 1997 - 22:48:13 EST

>From:Tim
>On that Dak computer chip "www.superchip.com" info I gave out I'm
sorry for some of the confusion in that I too have a V-8. What I did was go
over to the site that has the Chrysler "JEEP" vehicles. Since they also are
equipped with the 5.2(318) motor as the DAK's have,I just used their
readouts. I don't think they use anything in the engine that's different.
It has the same motor,horsepower,and uses the same parts as DAK's do. The
only difference would be in the torque department, and those figures would
come from the flywheel,trans and rearend gearing. There might be some other
slight external differences to make the engine fit the JEEP's motor bay,
but that would be about it.

  Tim Roller
   starwolf@bewellnet.com
   '95 SLT+ and looking for more

----------
> From: M. D. Nugent <nugentmd@gte.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Dealer vs. Aftermarket
> Date: Monday, October 27, 1997 8:45 PM
>
> I checked the site and it looks to me like they only work their magic on
> Dakota V6s - not V8s like mine has. Thanks for the lead, though.
>
> Mike
>
> T & J wrote:
>
> > From:Tim
> > starwolf@bewellnet.com
> >
> > Been on the internet for the last few weeks looking for
aftermarket