Re: The deed is done.

From: Steve (jsm@gwrra.org)
Date: Wed Nov 05 1997 - 08:00:30 EST

>Good Old New York has 4% state wide and each county adds 3 - 4.5%. You
>pay the tax of the county you live in for major purchaces like Dakotas.
>The only break we get is they only tax the price difference if you trade
>in another vehicle.

Be thankful you don't live in Kentucky. Here they could care less what
the difference is. I just found out the hard way. It didn't matter
what the trade-in value on my old vehicle was. We get charged the
"retail price" of the new vehicle.... 6% :(

Oh yea, we also get to pay a personal property tax based on the blue
book value on any licensed vehicle every year, in addition to the
$18.50, or whatever, we pay for our license plates .... errr, I mean
stickers each year.

Then we are also lucky enough to have to pay $8.50 every year to have
our vehicles tested to be environmentally polite.

Steve
jsm@gwrra.org
Lou-a-vull, KY