Re: questions

From: Peter Davis (davisp@uwplatt.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 06 1997 - 09:10:55 EST

Coachchow@aol.com wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> I don't currently own a Dakota, but am looking heavily into buying one. I
> have a couple of questions I thought some of you could answer.
>
> 1. I want to drive one for a about a week, so does someone know which firms
> rent Dodge pickup trucks? I live in LA.
>
> 2. 97 and 98 Club Cab owners, has anyone ever had someone taller than 5'4"
> sit on the bench in the rear comfortably? (i.e. not want to kill you after
> five minutes.)
>
> 3. Are the estimated City/Highway mpg's on the sticker realistic? I'm
> looking at V6's and V8's.
>
> Thanks lots to everyone out there,
>
> jc

I recently bought a Dakota. My father owns one and a few people I work with own
them. They have had little problems with theirs. I seem to have made up for
their lack of problems, unfortunately. However, I still wouldn't give my truck
up.

Sitting in the back seat: my 5'7" skinny as a rail finace puts the best: "I
will only ride 60 miles back there and that is IT!!!" The back seat is not
comfortable. Dodge could make it comfortable if they would extend the fabric up
a little higher. The hard plastic seat back doesn't do a whole lot for me.

I have a V6 Dakota which is adequate power for a 2WD truck, adequate. The V8
would be the only choice for a 4WD truck. I believe the MPG on the V6 has gone
down in the past few years.

Buy a Dakota you won't be disappointed.
Pete