Decal removal

From: Gary Ludwick (72155.316@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 1997 - 10:00:04 EST

I removed all my truck's decals and stick on's with just my wife's hair
dryer and a nylon putty knife. But that method does leave a bunch of glu=
residue. (I'm maily talking here about the mylar dimensional letters, suc=
as DAKOTA and SLT, as opposed to the vinyl decals such as SPORT, etc)
Then I discovered a handy dandy tool from Eastwood that is a "decal
eraser". Essentially a soft rubber 3 inch wheel that goes into your powe=
drill or cut-off tool....takes vinyl decals off in seconds with absolutel=
NO harm to paint...also removes all the glue residue left behind the myla=
letters. About $12 or $14, if I remember correctly. Eastwood is a mail
order restoration supply and tools company...get their address from any
Hemmings magazine.
BTW, high power bulbs for your main headlights are available from JC
Whitney.