Re: Maint Reqd

From: Mike Crumley (a0020124@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Nov 06 1997 - 12:37:22 EST

At 06:03 PM 11/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Well its time for another question, who has hit that magical mileage
>mark on their truck that turns on the Maint Reqd light on the dash? I
>only get a 55 code reading so I don't think anything is wrong, I have
>96383 miles now and puff on comes this bright red light. Any help
>Thanks
>
> Dan

As I understand it this light is a federal requirement. It comes on so
people will take their vehicles in to have emission control equipment
checked and replaced as necessary. The light is controlled by your mileage
and should come on every 30K or so. Once the work is done the dealer can
reset the light with their computer. The only other way I know of to get it
to go out is to pull the bulb.

--
Mike Crumley     a0020124@airmail.net