Re: Re: Possible transmission shifting problem

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Nov 08 1997 - 00:19:15 EST

I hav e the Mopar SBEC and I still hit the fuel shut off which I believe is
programmed in around 6100 rpm. The truck still pulls hard until then. I
have the 2030 Crane Cam and Mopar springs and retainers so it should be
able to rev a little higher, yet I wouldn't want to go much higher than 6
grand consistently. I hear the lifter bores on the Magnums are
suceptible to damage at high RPM.

----------
> From: Jarrod Pilone <moparman@jet.laker.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Re: Possible transmission shifting problem
> Date: Friday, November 07, 1997 9:16 PM
>
> > I have a 94 with a Vortech, and have recently dialed it in to the point
> where it doesn't
> > detonate under power via Jacobs Boost master. My problem now is that
my
> trans mission
> > seems to be slipping in the 5000 rpm range, then it seems to grab hard
> until it hits the annoying rev limiter on the Mopar SBEC. Has anyone had
> any problems with their
> > transmissions after putting some power to them? Any help in this area
> would be of great
> > help. Anyone interested in a Vortech should contact Auburn
Performance