Motor mounts

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 11:51:24 EST

My sons father-in-law owns a 1993 V8 4X4 Dakota. While I was nosing
around looking under the hood and all, I noticed the motor mounts were
located near mid-engine. When did this start??? All the A blocks I've
ever been around have the motor mounts in the very front of the engine,
high up on the block. Reason I ask is this. I was planning on
installing an older version 360 in the '89 I own that currently has a
V6 auto.. I dont recall ever seeing any bosses or anyplace on the
older blocks for this type mounting. Anyone help!!! I'VE GOT TO FIND A
WAY . This V6 is old - tired - and to say the least underpowered.

Azie