Pro-Stock Dakota

From: kmiller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Sat Nov 15 1997 - 13:12:59 EST

Along the same idea I seen an add on the last page of the National Dragster
of a company that offers a complete tube frame and body to start building
these trucks. The price for the frame and body didn't seem to bad, but
it's the other stuff you get money wrapped up in.

I can't wait to hopefully go up to the Keystone Nat's and check these
trucks out.

Later

Scott Miller
Shelby #322

----------
> From: Mike Crumley <a0020124@airmail.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: 4 cylinder dak???
> Date: Saturday, November 15, 1997 12:14 PM
>
> At 11:43 AM 11/14/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >I was watching TV the other day, and saw a comercial indicating an
"upgrade"
> >to a 6 cyl on the dakota. This got me to wondering, so I checked, and
sure
> >enough the 4 cyl is concidered "standard" on the 2wd shortbed dak base
> model.
> >Has anyone out there actually bought a dakota with the 4 cylinder
engine?
> >Does it move under its own power? Does it get reasonable gas mileage?
Why
> >does chrsyler build these? I don't think I've ever seen anyone post that
> they
> >have the 4cyl model here, so do they actually sell any?
> >
> >Just curious?
> >
> >Geoffrey Hausheer
> >Intel Corp.
> >Hillsboro, OR
> >

> I would think that one of the main reasons for offering a 4 cyl is to
> increase their CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy). Even if they don't
> sell very many of them they still get to count its fuel economy in their
> average.
>
> On a different topic, did you all notice that the Dakota kicked the
Chebby