Re: speed sensor/rebuilt transmission

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 20:45:22 EST

> I'm having the transmission rebuilt by the dealer on my '93 Dakota.
> The reason for this was the transmission's inability to shift into overdrive.
> I recieved an estimate and was informed that in addition to the trany work
> I woold need a new "speed sensor".
> Does this make sense?

My only question is why are you having it done by the dealer, that's got
to be 2 or 3 times higher than having a reliable mechanic do it, the only
reason I'd go through the dealer is if I didn't know anyone reliable,
thankfully I have family members that work on cars, so I'll probably never
go through dealer unless it's for warranty work. Just my opinion on the
matter... On the other matter, yes it makes sense to me if it's an
automatic, because it used to help determine what gear it's in right?

Bruce