Re: re: Six-spoke non-directional wheels

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 17:31:09 EST

>} I've seen six-spoke non-directional wheels on several Dakotas; usually
>} they're ' 95s (such as a couple on the Dakota website).
>}
>} Were those wheels used on both 4x2s and 4x4s? What is their rim width?
>} Anybody know where some might be for sale? Likely cost?
>
>These wheels came on '94 thru '96 Dakotas. The '94 and '95 wheels are
>silver. The '96 wheels are a two tone with the front part more
>polished. They are 6" wide. They were available on 4x2 and 4x4s.
>There were also chrome steel wheels of the same size. The Sport's came
>with these aluminum 6 spoke wheels, called "Predator" wheels. The SLTs
>came with the Chrome Steel versions. Swapping was a no cost option and
>I ordered my SLT with the Predator wheels. Dodge wants $400 each, so
>you will have to look around for some.
>
>Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
>Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
>1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
>Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD

Speaking of which, my 96 has these wheels and a careless tire changer
scratched the protective clearcoat off the front of two of my wheels,
anyone know what type of clearcoat this is and how to touch it up?
Thanks!

Rob Robinson
Red 96 Sport V8 3.55
Shortbed, Standard Cab
Bright Package (fog lights, chrome bumpers)
14"aircleaner with 3" K&N
Rhino performance muffler w/dual exits
Factory stripe delete with Magnum Force stripe kit
225/70/15 Raised letter tires
Chrome rails