Re: CB Radio in a DAK

From: kowalski@mnsinc.com
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 18:06:07 EST

>Where's the best place to mount a CB radio in a (1995) Dakota (SLT)?
>Also, does anyone have recommendations on a good CB radio (reasonably
>priced)? And, as long as I'm asking, what about antennae mount
>location(s) and the best type of antennae? Thanks, Greg Schaller,
>Roanoke, VA (95 Club Cab, V-8, Auto, 4x4)

I have one of the hand held (all controls on the mic) radios in my Dak, and
it takes up very little space and I didn't have to drill any holes. I have
one of the converters that uses the radio antenna for the CB, but I wouldn't
recommend it. I can only transmit about 100 feet, and the receive is pretty
bad too. I've heard that the glass-mount (cellular phone look-alike)
antennas are ok. Keep in mind that the antenna is the most important part
of a CB. A friend has a Wilson "little Wil" antenna which is only about 24"
tall and is magnet mount and it performs very well, but a full-size antenna
is going to give the best performance.

kowalski@mnsinc.com
http://www.mnsinc.com/kowalski
1970 Superbird 440+6 | 1970 Charger R/T 440+6
1976 Feather Duster | 1996 Dakota 318 Magnum