Re: CB Radio in a DAK

From: T & J (starwolf@bewellnet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 21:00:50 EST

             starwolf@bewellnet.com
>I have a '95 SLT also and I went to a CB radio sales and repair shop for
the best and resonable priced units with antenna and cable to put together.
They turned me onto a MAXON brand with 10 band weather. The antenna setup
was a WILSON 24" fiberglass stik and a mirror mount(I didn't want to drill
holes). The combination works great and gets out around 3-5 miles depending
on the terrain. The only thing I don't like about the mirror mount is that
when I get up to 80 mph the antenna catches the wind and wants to lay down,
so I have Thurs. off and I'm going to get some rubber hose and cut some
pieces to go between the clamps and mirror arm that is holding my antenna.
The whole package cost around $125.00. The place I mounted my CB was at the
leg bolster under the steering column.