strongtower4: 96 dakota wind noise

From: Timothy E McCorkle (strongtower4@juno.com)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 02:47:21 EST

Timothy E. McCorkle
StrongTower (Proverbs 18:10)
From: strongtower4
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: 96 dakota wind noise
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 21:51:04 +0000

Fellow Dakota-ites,
This is my first posting on the List, and i am very pleased to know there
are so many others who live by the motto: Medium truck, Major Engine!
Mine is a 96 4X4 Sport Club Cab, 318, 5-speed, 3.90, heavy duty
everything, power nothing, in All-Black, with all exterior stripes
letters, swooshes, etc. removed! In 4-wheel high in the snow, it is one
fast moving ANIMAL!
I do have one nagging problem though. At 70 mph or more in static air (or
any combination of vehicle speed plus wind speed totalling 70) i get this
loud moaning from the driver door window. I can't tell if it's from air
leakage through the door seals, window gaskets, or from some piece of
outside trim! I don't have any exterior visors, etc., and i have the
smaller built-in remote mirrors. The window rolls up tight and there are
no visible gaps. Does anybody else get this? Any heads-up would be
appreciated, as the noise drives me crazy and drowns out the stereo.
Also, with this drivetrain, it's very hard to keep under 70 on any
straight road!

Timothy E. McCorkle
StrongTower (Proverbs 18:10)