Re: Re: cleaning the TB

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 00:42:31 EST

Michael Meyerhoff wrote:
> whoevers parts here, tomorrow I'll stop by for a new gasket. Hopefully
> they'll have one, if not I'll look around and then go to the dealer(pray
> for my wallet if it comes to that).
>
> Thanks all the help guys,

Gasket at the dealer shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 bucks. At least mine
wasn't. Removing the TB is no problem, takes maybe 5 minutes, 4 bolts,
and some throttle linkage. You'll need some torx bits, not sure what
size. Once you get it off you can clean it very well. I removed my AIS
motor, Throttle Position sensor, and MAP sensor and then sprayed it down
with TB cleaner and used a shop rag and toothbrush. It was nice and
shiny when it went back on. Didn't have any problems either. Have fun!

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto, DDBC