Re: Dakota puchase questions

From: Todd Flummer (mustang@netunlimited.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 1997 - 13:14:53 EST

Well I can tell you by exprience. All your choices are good. I have a 98
just like you listed, except for the 5 speed, I went with the auto. I plan
to do a lot of towing with it and it seems to be easier with the auto. Plus
if the 5 speed is worse for spinning I don't want any of that. Put it this
way, I took mine to the track and it spun though the 330 mark with
235/60/15. The gas mileage is looking about 17/22 with 2800 miles on it. I
have only received one recall on the truck it was for the dealer to trim the
front fender liner because they said it could rub the brake line.
As for the bed liner I went for the stock dodge bedliner ( Note the 98
bedliner is different for the 97 do to relocation of the tie downs ). It
took a few weeks to get it but it's nice. That shouldn't be a problem now,
that was three months ago. Let me know and send some pictures of mine but
you better be ready to buy.

Todd
98 Club Cab - 5.2L, auto, 3.55, 2wd, all white ( I mean all white,no
decals ),
3 - 5 kit, tire and wheel package, buckets, Sony/Pyle/JBL system, ProFlo
and more mods on the way.