Re: R/T, automatic debate, etc.

From: Rupert Horn (rupert.horn@ucop.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 29 1997 - 18:31:56 EST

At 12:47 PM 11/29/97 -0500, you wrote:

>On the automatic vs. stick debate, I tend to manual, and actually so does
>my wife, but she has convinced herself that in a reasonably big truck it is
>unlikely that a manual will shift as smoothly as she would like.
>While I will do most of the driving of the Dakota, she wants to be able to
>comfortably drive it as well.
-I am a "manual only" kind of person also. Just got my '98 CC V8 w/manual.
My wife is the same. An automatic wasn't even a consideration. She has no
problem driving/shifting the DAK. And she a whopping 5'4 @ 110 lbs (maybe).

>She has driven a V8 automatic and thinks it
>is great. I have never seen a V8 stick sitting on a lot available for a
>test drive.
I had opportunity to drive both prior to purchase. While the V6 has some
"giddy-up", the V8 has "giddy-up go"

Of course, if we get an R/T, there is no issue as it will only
>be available in automatic. Charlie
-Which is why I didn't bother wait to order one. Don't want no automatics.
They completely, for me that is, remove the "fun" factor to driving a nice
vehicle.