Dak in shop update WAS: Intermediate shaft......

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Wed Dec 31 1997 - 21:25:20 EST

my house and work:) I think I like this guy.
    The oil leak was the intake manifold, and the repair was completed
last night. They kept it over night to make sure everything had a chance
to setup nicely. I will definitely keep an eye on it for a while to make
sure it is taken care of and does not start any fires. I always carry
and extinguisher.
    The intermediate shaft was also due in today, but it still listed as
being UPS property. I told him to go a head and keep it until Friday
when the shaft is due in (I hope) as both my wife and I are sick and
will not be doing anything tomorrow. Besides, this way, I don't have to
worry about someone hitting it tonight.
    He also said that he still could not find anything or duplicate the
loud clunk coming from under my feet when turning on uneven surfaces,
but said that he has seen this on Rams with Nerf Bars installed. Its
usually a loose body mount from when the bars are installed. He
re-tourqued all of them. I'm sure I will have to take him for a ride
once I get the truck back.
    I forgot to ask about the uneven tire wear, but will check into it
on Friday.
    Well, y'all take care and don't do anything I woul......... Oh, what
the heck. Do what ever you feel like, it's New Year's Eve!! Just please
be careful, for your self, and the rest of us.

Happy New Year,
John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, AUTO!, Tire and Handling Package, Lots of
goodies.
I've been without it for so long, I don't remember what it looks like,
but I think its Blue.........
BTW, The last two fill ups, the mileage has been 15.9 mpg. That's with
only 2400 miles on it and a mix of around town and hiway. I cant wait
until its broken in.

--
remove anti spam ^'s from reply to address to reply