Re: TIRE SIZING

From: Daniel Gregory (barracuda426@rocketmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 1998 - 00:47:08 EST

Wasn't the tires I had to drive for, it was the wheels. I was wanting
to get some Ultra type 49, but the Michelin 235/75/15 hit the fender
well when it was in full lock position. The Ultra's I was gonna get
were 15x8. That was on the first trip, and had already gotten the
wheels. Had to make a second trip to try to find some lower profile,
yet still handled in mud/snow to fit the rims. Come to find out the
wheels were too big for the tires I found, so I had them order some
15x7's and now I'm waiting for those to come in. Reason I was doing
this, besides the wheels look better, is that with the stock wheels,
the Michelins rub the frame really bad...... tried spacers, didn't
work. Unless the other people have 4wd's, I don't see how they get
larger than 235 to fit without hitting the frame.....

Dan

===

94 Dakota Sport V6 3.21 5spd (currently stock :( )