Poor sound from rear speakers

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 1998 - 12:57:03 EST

I got the 6 speaker Infinity setup with the in-dash CD in my 98 Reg Cab
(didn't necessarily want this setup, but it was already installed in the
vehicle I purchased). When I move the balance joystick all the way to
the rear, the sound coming out of the rear speakers sounds muffled and
at a much lower volume level than the front speakers. This makes them
kind of worthless.

Is this normal, or should I be getting a more normal sound and volume
level from the rear speakers? I realize that the rear speaker location
and size is not very optimal in the Reg Cab (near the floor in the side
panels behind the seats).

jeff
98 RC V8 5spd 3.55LSD