Re: New New York emissions standards

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 04 1998 - 17:23:10 EST

 Anyway, I sure wasn't going to bring up the subject, but in talking
 to the guy at the service station, (who was complaining about all the
paperwork changes he had to make), come to find out, 1996 vehicles are
exhempt from the new emissions law! Apparently, (for whatever reason)
1996 vehicles don't pass California emissions, so they've all been
exhempted!

Jon,

That's not what I've heard on the local news. I hear 96 & newer were
exempt (figuring better emissions if you haven't messed with it).
Older than that will have to pass something (unless older than 25
years). So, I don't know if they'll do a visual or start checking '96
in a year or so (and keep 97 on up exempt and keep sliding, as years progress).

Damn, ..good news is my '98 Dak is OK, bad news is my '79 Lotus Esprit
has got serious mods! :-( (I've got some ideas on passing tho)

Well see.

-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp