Re: Infinity Speakers

From: T & J (starwolf@bewellnet.com)
Date: Tue Jan 06 1998 - 00:19:11 EST

 From:Tim Roller
 starwolf@bewellnet.com
>To:am14@chrysler.net

  This problem sounds like a problem I ran into when I upgraded the sound
and radio system in a '79 Lincoln. I changed out the radio to a more
powerful unit and when it operated, with the car's stock speakers, it
sounded like static over a CB radio and all the songs were garbled. I
changed out all the speakers and the problem still existed. I then ran new
wires to all the new speakers and the problem cleared right up. I think
that maybe that the DAKS have the same problem in that the factory speaker
wiring is tied into the body as a grounding point and they only work with
stock radios..the best thing to do is run new speaker wires and the problem
should clear up. the new speakers are being grounded on the positive
terminal through the factory wiring.