RE: K&N FIPK setup

From: Michael D Gemelke (Michael.D.Gemelke@wdc.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 18:39:02 EST

I'm still confused. I thought the PCV valve ventilated blow-by gases out
of the crankcase. It's connected by a tube somewhere into the throttle
body. The blow-by gases then go through the intake and burned in the
cylinder. I thought the breather just took FRESH air INTO the crank. I
should look through some books to verify this, but I think this is
correct, in which case I could use an open-element breather... unless at
some point there is positive pressure at the breather port which could
force blow-by gases into the engine compartment, but a properly operating
PCV should keep that from happening. Am I not correct?