Re: Emmisions Reminder Lamp

From: RLewis7785 (RLewis7785@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 23:19:58 EST

Mike replied:

<Hmm, I also have a '93 V8 with about 2k more on the odometer than yours.
But I have not gotten any light yet. Could it be a problem somewhere
making the light come on? Have you checked the codes?

PS: I live just north of you in Montgomery county. I'm glad we don't have
to worry with emissions testing here, but it's probably just a matter of
time.>

Sorry Mike, I lied. I accidentally wrote 93. My Dak is a 92. The service
manual for the 92 says that the light should show up at approximately 60K, no
other conditions listed, just mileage. Remember, I am referring to the EMR
light, not the check engine lamp. I have no Idea what would prevent it from
coming on. Maybe your newer truck has diferent parameters.

I've tried checking the codes per the service manual. There are some codes
there, but when I count the flashes, I come up with numbers not listed in the
manual, so I don't know what they are (good chance I am losing count, its not
easy).