RE: CD Receiver Installation

From: Michael D Gemelke (Michael.D.Gemelke@wdc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 19:11:21 EST

fyi...Audio King will match prices from the Crutchfield catalog if you
bring it in, however they won't throw in installation kits, but sometimes
do provide "free installation" (you'll still have to pay for any
adapters/parts they need).

I'm an engineer, so maybe I'm biased towards this sort of thing, but
installation is EASY! If you care about your truck (and you do because
you're reading this message), do you want some monkey pulling up your
carpet and ripping apart your dash? You will take far more care of your
truck than anyone else will. Just pay attention to the wiring diagrams,
buy the right adapter harness and check your connections twice before you
power up the unit. It will work. Trust yourself. Also - disconnect the
negative battery terminal before you start and reconnect it only after
you've plugged the unit into the wiring harness. Be smart and enjoy your
system!

Cheers
-Mike