Re: Re: Stereo Wiring Harness

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 23:26:14 EST

I had a 89 shelby dak with factory stereo and it had a separate constant hot
wire, i think it was red, without it live same symptoms. no clock, no radio,
tape motor ran, no sound. If you have a test light for 12 volt applications
probe all the wires on back of radio. do this with the ign turned OFF.
There still must be 1 hot wire. if not try fuses, maybe cig lighter or dome
or courtesy. Hope this helps. Ive installed stereos since 1968.