Re: Re: Stereo Wiring Harness

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 23:45:05 EST

<< Pierre,
 I've got a 97 Dakota but this wiring diagram also worked for my olde 87
 Caravan. I can only assume it would work for your 94.

 Two plugs exist. A BLACK connector and a GREY connector.
 I'm not really sure of the wire colour coding, I didn't feel like
 ripping my dash apart tonight but here's the numbers and function. This
 is a headon view looking at the pins.

When I installed the aftermarket deck in my 96 Dakota, I bought an adapter
harness from Circuit City. It plugged straight into the aftermarket deck, and
factory harness. Now, I know you are working with stock stuff, so heres where
my point is. The adapter harness came in a plastic bag, the bag had all the
wiring color codes written on the outside of it. I thought I kept the bag for
future reference, but couldnt find it when I just went and looked. I imagine
if you go to Circuit City (or equivelent store) and pretend you want to buy
one of these harnesses, you can look at it, and either memorize or write down
the color codes. I often carry a little notebook with me, and always have a
pen just in case! Good luck!

Brad