Re: Plywood for Carpeted Bed??

From: John C. Worden (sciroco@mint.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 17:47:25 EST

At 09:55 PM 1/14/98 -0600, you wrote:
>If you use plywood to put carpet on the bed of a truck, then how can you
>attach the plywood to the bed itself? It seems to me that no matter how
>good of a craftsman you are, a perfect, rattle-less fit would be near
>impossible. What type of adhesive did you use, and where can I get it?
>It looks like I have a new spring parking- lot project. (I'm at
>college, and they don't have individual garages for us (Imagine that)).
>Thanks,
> Robert Trottmann rotrottmann@davidson.edu
>http://thelma.davidson.edu/rotrottmann/web/default.htm

Why don't you get the carpeted liner that goes in just like a bedliner; no
plywood. When I was looking at tonneaus there was one in one of their
trucks. It had foam pad underneath that was molded to fit the ridges on
the bed. I'm not sure how it connected on the sides. Probably was glued.
Looked nice if you don't haul things that would damage it.

John
'98 Dak cc Sport 4x4