Re: Re:Center console, was Interior Quirks

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 21:09:41 EST

><snip>
>>
>>I went to Walmart and got a seat console that is held by the center
>>seatbelt. Works great and has good storage. If I need to carry the
>>third
>>person, just take it out and go!
>
>Rob,
>
>What's the brand name, if you still have it?

It is called the "Clutter Catcher." It had two cup holders on the front,
one center "cup holder" which can be used for keys, etc., it has the coin
holders across the front, a long slot for a tissue box or pens and straws,
and then a hinged DEEP compartment that can hold tapes, CDs, in my case
tire gauge, wheel lock keys, napkins, etc. It has a slightly curved bottom
that doesn't completely match the seat contour, but it is close. It comes
in different colors. My interior is gray, and so is my console. Works
great! I believe it was around $40 at Walmart. (I saw Burgundy and Tan
ones also).

Red 96 Dakota Sport V8 3.55 Burgundy 68 Barracuda Fastback
Shortbed, Standard Cab 318-904 8 3/4 rear3.23 sure-grip
K&N filterpack-clone Moser cut van axles w 11" drums
Rhino performance muffler Duals with Formula S exhaust tips
w/dual exhaust Power steering/Dealer installed
                                        airconditioning