Re: Volcano Juice

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Jan 18 1998 - 18:34:04 EST

At 11:55 AM 1/18/98 , you wrote:
>I second both recommendations! But I have a windsheild related question. I
>keep my truck interior very clean, I don't smoke, and when I use glass
>cleaner, I use newspaper, not paper towels. I still end up with a nasty
>film on the inside, not the outside, of my windsheild. I've used Windex,
>Tuff Stuff Glass Cleaner, Rain-X glass cleaner, all have the same problem.
>What gives? TSB 237495 is something about interior window film, maybe
>that's it.
>Robert Trottmann
>rotrottmann@davidson.edu

A likely source of this film is the vinyl in your interior. Vinyl gives
off -- I don't know if fumes is the right word, but something evaporates or
is given off from the material which collects on the windshield (and
everywhere else in the interior). That's why vinyl dries out over time and
stuff like Armor-all restores the shine and softness to the material. Not
much you can do except keep cleaning regularly.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed