Re: Motorcycle Wheel Chock

From: DirtRide65 (DirtRide65@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun Jan 18 1998 - 21:36:49 EST

<< joe >>
Joe, I'll tell you what I did with my 98,
I didn't want to cut any holes in the truck, So I took a 4 X 4 and a 2 X 4 and
screwed them together. Cut the board to the width of the truck and put it up
against the front of the bed. I drilled holes and used close line type
hooks(like eyebolts but the end is a little more open) I hooked them into the
tie down spots, put the bolt thru the hole and this hold the board tight to
the floor. I also put 3 eye bolts in the 4 X 4 and counter sunk the hole on
the bottom of the 4 X 4 so the nuts on the bottom would be flush with the
board and not damage the bed. Then I had to notch the 4 X 4 because when I put
the bike against the front of the bed, it would hit the board before it hit
the wall, so the notch keeps the wheel from going side to side and the
eyebolts I put it are towards the outside of the board, so there's more
leverage to keep the bike down.

What I did on my old truck that had stake pockets (our also has a place to
hook on the outside of the front edges of the bed between the cab and bed, you
can hook a tie down into it) it mount an atk bike shoe on one side and a
motorcycle wheel chock onto the other dies and bolted them to a sheet of
plywood that just layed in the bed and I could take it out when not hauling
bikes.

Both systems worked well although both needed tie downs also.

Nick