Re: Smart key on 98 dakota

From: b cox (bcox@seidata.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 00:49:03 EST

The owners manual lists all options availible in a particular model year.
If you did not have the security system
on your sticker or remote keyless entry then you don't have a smart key.
It is an option! You can make replacement
keys per the manual if you have another smart key. This is limited to 3
keys per life of the vehicle.

On another note about mileage I have a 98 CC 3.9V6 with 4 speed auto and
only get 17-19 mpg on the highway. My truck now has 2400 miles. Really
makes me wish I had paid the extra money for the 5.2 or better yet waited
for the R/T!

Regards,

Brent