3.0 V6

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 10:01:56 EST

years that gave the Corporation fits for a number of years. I have the
same transmission in a '92 Spirit that has 110,000 miles on it and it
has been absolutely trouble free, but I know that CC has replaced many
of them, and that the damn thing still gives CC trouble intermittently.
My son-in-law had one of the very 1st ones in a '88 New Yorker. It was
replaced 5 times in 10,000 miles, and he doesn't mistreat a vehicle
nearly as much as I do. It just wasn't ready for production, when it
went into production. The concept of the A604 is good. Many less
parts. It is not a foreign make. It is all CC. The engine is foreign
made.
Change your fluid/filter regularly (25-30K miles) and you will increase
your % of longevity.

>>The only Mitsubishi engine/drivetrain offered in the minivans since
early 90s is the 3.0L V6/3spd auto (I think). The 3.3L and 3.8L V6s both
use the CC A4 4spd auto transaxle. If you check out the
rec.autos.makers.chrysler usenet group, you will find lots o unhappy
campers with the Chrysler A4. Looks like its only taken them 6-8 years
to work the kinks out, as the one in my GV is still running well at 35K
miles (knock on wood) ;>.

Azie