Re: Performance mods....

From: DAVID D. THEDE (tnadoman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 11:49:33 EST

>Which K & N filtercharger setup are you guys using, one form a 96 Ram?
 97 5.2
>Dak's don't have one yet according to K & N ( called them from Summit
 )

The stock # for the K&N filter is E-1080 (it actually fits a Jeep). I
got the Edelbrock air cleaner (stock #1208). This is the K&N FIPK
clone.

>Which MP Computer are you using? According to MP hotline they dont
have that
>computer out yet either.

I dont have the computer either. Its not available.

>I was gonna order the Magnum RT performance pkg and they said it is
not available for the 97 trucks yet.....

This is sorta true. The headers are available (I don't have the stock
numbers yet) according to someone on the list who has them on his '97.
The cam is available but I don't have the stock #s on it either.

I also plan on getting the R/T performance package once its ALL
available. I don't want to do it in pieces. Plus, it gives me time to
save my pennies.

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
K&N FIPK clone