Performance

From: Chad Clifton (mcc@theonramp.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 11:21:39 EST

I have a few questions....

1. I have a 3.9L 5Speed. The exaust seems to be ouder than on the
automatics. Is this so, or just me, or my truck?

2. I'd like an even louder exaust. Not one that will drastically disturb
someone, just one slightly louder than stock... I want one that makes my
V6 sound like a "BAD SOB" :)
without scaring the neighborhood, or disturbing people too much while
going down the road. Also, what would be the average cost?

3. How do K&N filters improve the performance of my truck? What are
there average cost?
(I understand this may have already been adressed, but I just threw it
in, hoping someone would explain)

4. Has anyone noticed which oils run better in the '95 Dakota's? Only
basic oils please... no special ones....

5. My truck seems to make VERY slight little bumps when I slow down...
Is this common on the Dakota's, or do I have something wrong.. Like bad
rotors?

6. One Final Question.. And this one is about Gas. Regular Unleaded goes
for about $1.05 a gallon. One store though, has there Regular Unleaded
for only $.086 a gallon. Everyone seems to be buying there gas, and I've
heard no complaints... The gas is apparently generic because they don't
advertise that they are BP, Amoco, Exxon, Etc... Should I be cautious to
use this Gas?

Thanks,
                Chad Clifton