Re: Re[2]: Performance mods....

From: DAVID D. THEDE (tnadoman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 14:39:56 EST

You wrote:

> I'm confused. I thought the K/N was a direct replacement to the
stock filter. Do I remove the stock housing and replace with an
aftermarket air cleaner? Should I get K/N or Edelbrock? Finally how
much $$??

------------
You can get a K&N replacement filter, or bypass the stock filter
location and get the air cleaner and larger K&N filter.

I kept the stock housing in place, for visual inspections here in
Virginia, but took off the large piece over the throttle body and put a
chrome air cleaner and K&N on top of it. I have a picture of it on my
webpage. The whole setup (K&N, Edelbrock chrome air cleaner, etc) was
about $60. If you go the FIPK route, you'll need to replace the bolt
with a longer one (the one that goes into the throttle body). Also, the
PCV hose will have to be adjusted (from the driver side valve cover to
the chrome air cleaner).

Hope this helps.

Dave Thede
http://members.xoom.com/tnadoman