U-joints

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 10:43:46 EST

>> Azie, could you share part #s for the special U-joints you used for
this swap?<<

My last two post to the list have gotten thru with the 1st line
missing. This happened a few
months ago and I don't remember what was causing it. Any Ideas List
folks????
           Tim: I don't know the P/N. It was at least 4 years ago and
probably 5 that I did this. It is still in the '89 with at least
100,000 miles on the rearend (truck has 160,000) on it. I just took
the yoke from the 9" and my Dak U-joint to the local parts house (I'm
an old established customer) and the owner/operator measured the
distance across the yoke where the knuckle fits and across the ends of
the U-joint, and looked in his book and came up with the part # by the
lengths across each of the two directions, went to his parts bin and
brought it out to the counter. Fit perfectly, and still in it.
Apparently 1" knuckles with various length crosses are fairly common,
or he would not have had it in stock. I live in a small farming
community and the parts house is small.

Azie