Re: Engine Swap

From: Daniel Gregory (barracuda426@rocketmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 24 1998 - 01:25:22 EST

     I've got to agree with Ron, if it weren't for my warranty, I
would have had to pay about $500 that I don't have to have the timing
chain replaced twice... Plus the labor of realigning my belt system
and a new belt. (Tensioner pulley slid and caused the belt to start
rubbing on the power steering pulley.) Getting a V8 isn't worth
ruining the warranty.

Dan

===

94 Dakota Sport V6 3.21 5spd (currently stock :( )

---Rader <rlr@bbt.com> wrote:

> Stacy Clark wrote:
>
> > > No offense but I cant tell who's crazier here, you for dreaming
up this
> > > scheme or your Mom for agreeing to it.
>
> > or you for being a fool and sujesting me selling my truck just to
get a

> A little pissed at what looked like a fairly reasonable assessment?
> If you really wanted that V8 I can only wonder why you didn't get it
> in the first place.
>
> Tell you what: go right ahead and swap engines between the two
> vehicles. Never mind the voices of experience telling you what is
> cheaper, easier, and far less hassle. Come back to the list
post-trade
> after you try to get the dealer to cover anything under warranty.
Maybe