Re: SS/T

From: Andy Callahan (quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 22:14:59 EST

At 08:31 PM 1/27/1998 -0600, you wrote:
>I just saw a add for a Dodge Neon R/T. Wonder what it has under the hood.
>Hope people dont
>start putting r/t stripes on cars and trucks again that are not performance
>models because it is hard for non mopar believers to think they outran a r/t
>only to find it was an IMPOSTOR!
>
>John C. Worden wrote:

The Neon R/T has a 150-horsepower, 2.0 liter twin overhead cam four. It
gets to 60 in 7.5 seconds and runs the quarter in 15.9 @ 87 mph. Top speed
is 121 mph. It also pulls .82 g on the skidpad. Not too shabby for a nice
looking little car that gets 29/38 mpg and costs only $13,795. If I was in
the market for an affordable sporty car, the neon r/t would be it. (btw all
this info came from the february issue of Car and Driver)

Andy Callahan